We know mental health matters to you.
The release of Advancing the Mental Health Strategy for Canada: A Framework for Action (the Framework) affirms that everyone has a role to play.
Consultations took place over the course of 2015, with individuals from across Canada generously sharing their experiences, including:
- Citizens Reference Panel of 36 everyday Canadians - who spent a week reflecting and recommending priorities for action;
- Concerned citizens;·
- People with lived experience;
- Policy makers;
- Healthcare providers; and,
- Indigenous peoples.
Taken together, these collaborative efforts have yielded meaningful ways to accelerate uptake of Changing Directions, Changing Lives: The Mental Health Strategy for Canada.
Thank you to everyone who began this work with us, and welcome to those who are new to the journey.
Working together, we can achieve the vision of mental health and wellness for all.
For ease of reference, we are pleased to provide links to the Framework, as well as pertinent supporting documents developed during our consultations:
- Advancing the Mental Health Strategy for Canada: A Framework for Action (2017–2022)
- Towards Creating a Mental Health Action Plan for Canada: Roundtable Report
- Mental Health Action Plan: Online Survey Overview
- Recommendations from the Citizens Reference Panel on the Mental Health Action Plan for Canada