How to get started
- Choose a topic: Before you start writing, choose a topic that interests you. Research popular topics and see what other bloggers write about. Hint: health, wellness and mental health are popular topics!
- Do your research: Before you start writing, do some research on the topic you have chosen. Read articles and books on the topic to make sure you have a good understanding of it. If you are interested in mental health, using Google is a great way to start. You can find useful information and many interesting mental health blogs online.
- Create an outline: An outline will help you organize your thoughts and structure your blog post. It will also help you stay on track while writing.
Time to start writing
- Write a catchy title: Your title should be eye-catching and attention-grabbing. It should make people want to read your post.
- Use subheadings: Subheadings break up your post and make it easier to read. Use subheadings to guide your readers through your post.
- Write short paragraphs: Short paragraphs are easier to read than long paragraphs. Use short paragraphs to make your post more readable.
- Use bullet points: Bullet points are a great way to break up your post and highlight important information.
- Edit your post: Before you publish your post, make sure you proofread and edit it. Fix any errors and ensure your post is clear and easy to read. If you prefer, find someone to edit for you. A second set of eyes helps to spot things that need to be corrected or improved.
Share it to the world
- Post with an image: Images can make your post more visually appealing and help to engage readers. Use images that are relevant to your post.
- Share your post: After it gets published, share it on social media to reach a wider audience. Use relevant hashtags and encourage your readers to share your post. If you need to learn about sharing on social media, there is a lot of information online. You can even find free courses on how to use social media.
I hope these tips help you write a great blog post. If your post is about mental health, send it to the blog team at the Mental Health Commission of Canada. Email us at email@example.com. We would love to post it on our blog!
Nicole Chevrier is Marketing and Communications Manager with the Mental Health Commission of Canada. Mental health is one of her passions.
Nicole is an avid writer and photographer. A first-time author, she recently published her first children’s book to help children who are experiencing bullying.
When she isn’t at her desk, Nicole loves to spend her time doing yoga and meditation, ballroom dancing, hiking, and celebrating nature with photography. She is a collector of sunset moments.