- This event has passed.
Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
September 1 @ 8:00 am - September 30 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Every year in Canada, an estimated 4,000 people take their own lives. By working together, as friends, colleagues, grass roots organizations and elected officials, we can conquer the shame and stigma that have shadowed suicide for far too long. Being a champion for suicide prevention can be as simple as:
- Creating an effective suicide prevention campaign
- Sharing our user-friendly toolkits with online resources for people affected by suicide
- Writing a message of hope on our #ShareHope wall
- Reading Talking to Children About a Suicide, a guide designed to help parents, guardians, and caregivers of children under 12 know how to speak with them when a suicide occurs in their family or community
- Learning how to have a safer conversation about suicide on social media
Help, hope, and healing are possible. Mental health and substance use support is available for people in Canada and Canadians abroad from Wellness Together Canada. It’s always free and virtual, 24/7.