- This event has passed.
December 1, 2022 - December 23, 2022
The holiday season is a joyous season. There are a lot of opportunities to get together and celebrate with friends and loved ones.
It can also be a stressful season, full of events and expectations. With so much going on, it can be easy to lose sight of yourself, letting self-care routines and other healthy practices fall by the wayside. So how do you manage?
We’re here to help. We’ve pulled together resources to help you have a healthy holiday season. We’ll also share tips and tricks across our social media accounts with the hashtag #mhccHealthyHolidays. Use the hashtag to show us your holiday self-care!
Find us on:
- Mental Health for the Holidays series
- How to give back (or reach out) this holiday season
- Seven ways to cope with the winter blues
- Making Spirits Bright – While Dr. Keith Dobson doesn’t have a miracle cure for the holiday blues, he’s got a prescription for improving our outlook: We need to manage expectations.
- It Begins with You – We can’t continue to provide the best support to others unless we make sure we take care of ourselves first.
- Giving the Gift of Self-Care – Caregivers must find a way to strike a balance between caring for their loved ones and giving back to themselves.
- Mini-guide to help employees’ mental health through winter
- Add wellness to your holiday to-do list – Remind yourself that it’s impossible to meet everyone’s expectations, including your own. Try to spend less time on social media – comparing yourself to others is the surest route to feeling disappointed.
- Give Back, Feel Better – While it may be counterintuitive, getting out and doing good for others can be a powerful antidote to the holiday blues.