Cannabis information and educational materials
In Budget 2018, the federal government allocated funding for the MHCC to study the impact of cannabis on mental health as Canada moves towards legalization. The MHCC is working with partners to bridge the knowledge gap that exists related to mental health and the use of cannabis.
- Cannabis is the second most commonly used substance (after alcohol) in Canada.
- Canada has one of the highest cannabis consumption rates in the world.
- More than 40 per cent of people in Canada report having used cannabis at least once.
For information, resources and educational materials, please visit the following websites:
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Public Health Association
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Institute for Advancements in Mental Health
- Cannabis Legalization and Regulation Branch
- Centre for Innovation in Campus Mental Health
- Canadian Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Cannabis Stats Hub