As of Jan 26, 2021, over 755,000 cases have been recorded in Canada, with nearly 20,000 deaths.
How are we doing?
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted people in Canada.
What they are saying
Self-reported mental health and well-being
- Over 38% say their mental health has declined due to COVID-19.2,3,4
- in 5 are reporting moderate-to-severe anxiety.
Loneliness and worry
- 1 in 5 say they have been feeling lonely
- People are most worried about the financial impact of COVID-19 and either becoming ill or experiencing the death of a loved one from COVID-19.
- Almost 1 in 5 report they are drinking more alcohol.
- 14% of those between 18 and 34 have increased their consumption of cannabis.
Intentional self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- 4% have tried to harm themselves.
10% have had suicidal thoughts.